As part of our continuation of improvements to our payment service we have redeveloped the Hosted Payment Page (XML redirect) to include the following benefits:
- Easier and complete customisation of the payment service
- Greater control over the whole payment service
- New customisable result pages
- Automatic shopper currency convertor
- Server space for payment page design to be stored reducing the about of information you require to send us in the order submission
- Creation of a style sheet based payment templates
- A dedicated user interface (Payment Page Editor) for the customisation of the payment service
- Comprehensive help and well trained support staff
The migration process
- Contact our technical support team who will enable the migration facility
- Log in to your Merchant Interface and go to the test environment's 'Profile', then select 'New Pay Page Migration Page'
- Check the 'Migration to new payment page' checkbox to enable the migration in test.
- Navigate to the new 'Installation' screen and either change the name of the installations or access the Payment Page Editor.
- Customise your new payment page using the Payment Page Editor or by editing the Payment Service files directly.
- When you are happy with your designs and have complete a test payment, you will need to copy all your customisation to the Production environment
- To use your new payment page you will need to either amend the order submission to include the installation ID of your payment page design or set it as default in the 'New Pay Page Migration Page' screen.
- To complete the migration go to the 'New Pay Page Migration Page' in the production environment and check the 'Migration to new payment page' checkbox.
Reversing the migration
If you require to change your existing payment page and are in the middle of the migration, please contact our technical support team to reverse your test environment without deleting any of your new customisations.
Changes to your XML order submission
There are three important changes to the XML order submission:
- Additional of the Installation - An installation (Payment Page Design) can now be specified in your order submission. Note if no payment page design has been specified the default uncustomised page will be displayed to your shoppers. Please refer to the new Submitting Transactions to Hosted Payment Page service Guide for the change in the DTD.
- Removal of Font and Body attributes - The new payment page now uses style sheets and a template mechanism, therefore these attributes will be ignored.
- Order Content Placement - The XML order content is now being used to allow you to provide additional information about the order and should no longer be used to customise the Payment Page. The placement of the submitted 'order content' are now inside the templated payment container area and inserted between "Amount" and "Card Details". Please refer to the new Submitting Transactions to Hosted Payment Page service Guide for an example.
- Cancel URL - The new payment page now includes a cancel button that enables the shopper to cancel their order. If you wish to display a bespoke Cancel Page you will now need to include the cancelUrl parameter with the page url in your order submission. Note if you do not supply a cancelUrl the default cancel page will be displayed, which you can fully customise to look the same as the rest of the payment service.
For more information